Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc.(r)
#BearHoliday Pinterest Contest and Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Pinterest.
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The #BearHoliday Pintererst Contest and Sweepstakes (the "Contest") entry period begins on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and ends on Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST (the "Entry Period"). Entry in the Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes, and entry into the sweepstakes portion of this Contest does not automatically result in entry in the skill contest portion of this Contest. The Contest will award one (1) prize each day for (11) days via a random drawing, plus one (1) end of the Contest Grand Prize will be awarded based on the entry scoring the highest based on the judging criteria outlined below. By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc., 1954 Innerbelt Business Center Drive, St Louis, MO 63114 (the "Sponsor" and "Judges"), and/or COHEN-FRIEDBERG ASSOCIATES, LLC Framingham, MA 01702 (the "Administrator"), whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is open to legal U.S. including residents of Puerto Rico (excluding U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, other United States territories and Hawaii) and legal residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec), at the time of entry and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry and who have joined Pinterest. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, Judges, promotion prize suppliers, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, retailers, printers, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials, their advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the promotion agents (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and each of their immediate family members (as defined by the IRS) and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to participate. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. The Pinterest database clock will be the timekeeper for this Contest
3. HOW TO ENTER: This Contest is divided into two separate components - a sweepstakes to award the 11 daily prizes and a skill contest to award the Contest Grand Prize. Entrants may enter only the sweepstakes portion of this Contest, if they so choose. In order to participate you must "follow" Build-A-Bear on the Pinterest Site.
To enter the sweepstakes portion of the Contest, you must:
1. Go to Pinterest.com/buildabear and follow us.
2. Create a new board titled: #BearHoliday Pinterest contest.
3. Repin this pin/contest board.
To enter the skill contest portion of the Contest, you must:
1. Complete steps 1 through 3 to enter the sweepstakes portion of this Contest.
2. Pin at least 3 gifts from our website at www.buildabear.com.
3. Pin at least 5 additional things, like recipes, crafts, family activities/ideas, etc. from other sources to make your Bear Holiday the beary best!
4. Visit http://contests.pinfluencer.com/bearholiday to complete the entry form by December 8.
LIMIT: One entry per person over the Contest Entry Period. Any attempts by the same person to enter, including entries submitted with an alternate Pinterest profile, will be disqualified. No Pin may be obscene, pornographic, violent, offensive in any manner, or in any other way not suitable to be published. If an entry falls into this category their corresponding entry will become void.
Entries that do not meet the Pin specifications, or description specifications, or otherwise do not comply with the Official Rules herein may be disqualified. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry. All materials and boards submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if it determines that for any reason the Contest cannot be run as originally planned or if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and to award the prize based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
Entry Notes: Entries made on another's behalf by any other individuals or any other entity, including but not limited to commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Contest. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. By entering, all participants and/or entrants release the Sponsor, Judges, and administrator from and against all claims, expenses and damages arising in connection with each entrant's participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or his/her receipt or use of the prize awarded in this Contest. By entering the skill contest portion of this Contest, entrants confirm that Pins submitted from other sources do not violate the intellectual property rights of third parties. Entries found to be violating the intellectual property rights of third parties may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Sponsor is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading of any Contest-related information to or from the web site or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an entrant'
4. DAILY SWEEPSTAKES/SKILL CONTESTJUDGING:
There will be a total of eleven random drawings to award one prize in each drawing. The first drawing will be conducted on 11/29/12 with one drawing per day until the final drawing is conducted on 12/9/12. Once a valid entry is made, it will be carried forward to all remaining drawings (if any remain). LIMIT: One prize per person (excluding the Contest Grand Prize). If a winning entrant is from Canada, the entrant will be required to first correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind (whether mechanical or otherwise) within a 2-minute time limit in order to be eligible to win prize. The question will be administered by phone within seven (7) business days following the drawing. If entrant cannot be contacted and the skill testing question administered, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate entrant will be selected.
Skill Contest Judging:
All eligible Entries into the skill contest portion of this Contest will be judged based on the equally weighted criteria set forth below in order to determine the Grand Prize winning Pin Entry. The decisions of the Judges are final and legally binding.
* Half of score is based on Adherence to the Build-A-Bear Contest theme. Bear Holiday is the contest theme. A Bear Holiday consists of one's existing holiday traditions, continuing or adding to them, or starting new holiday traditions. The entrant can illustrate the theme by pinning food/recipes, entertainment, dÃ©cor, and gift ideas.
* Half of score is based on Creativity/Originality (HINT: Show us with various crafts, recipes, activities, etc. Show us how you celebrate the holidays with your existing family traditions and how you would use crafts, recipes, activities, etc. to make new ones!)
* Bonus Points. Earn up to (10) Bonus Points for describing a pin and why it adds to your Bear Holiday.
Winner will be announced on or about December 14, 2012
5. PRIZE: Only the prizes listed below will be awarded in this Contest. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
A total of eleven (11) Daily Sweepstakes Prizes: $50 (USD) Bear Buck$ gift card ($49.83 CAD). Terms and conditions of the gift card apply.
One (1) Contest Grand Prize: $300 (USD, $298.98 CAD) Bear Buck$ gift card Shopping Spree. Terms and conditions of the gift card apply. Gift card to be used towards anything (including, but not limited to, a Build-A-Party or product) excluding the purchase of gift cards or e-gift cards. PLUS the winner will receive our entire holiday collection! (collection consists of one (1) each of the following holiday furry friends:Happy Husky, Pink Flurry Teddy, Merry Mint Pup, Christmas Cookie Bear, Rudolph, Clarice, the Grinch, Gingerbread Hello Kitty(r) and 3 Hello Kitty(r) smallfrys Approximate retail value at $200 USD/$199.30 CAD).
Complete Grand Prize approximate retail value $500 USD/$498.25 CAD.
All other incidental expenses not mentioned herein are the responsibility of the Winner. All taxes on prizes are the Winner's sole responsibility. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent substitutions as necessary, due to circumstances not under its control.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: Conduct of the Contest is under the supervision of the Administrator. Potential prize winners will be notified in person and/or by phone and/or by email or mail or express mail using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prizewinner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential prizewinner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prizewinner does not respond within (48) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential prizewinner, such potential prizewinner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Alternate winner in the skill contest portion of this Contest will be defined as the next runner-up as determined by the Judges and in the sweepstakes portion of this Contest, a random drawing from all eligible entries remaining. Any potential prizewinner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prizewinner will be disqualified and an alternate prizewinner may be selected.
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of any prize constitutes prizewinner's permission for the Promotion Entities to use prizewinner's entry materials, photograph, name, likeness, voice, biographical information (and those of any other individual appearing in the photo), statements and complete address (collectively, the "Attributes"), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Promotion Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes. The Grand Prize winner (or if minor a Parent or Legal Guardian) may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release form which must be signed by the Winner and received by Sponsor or its designated agent within ten (10) days of the date printed on the winner's notice.
7. LICENSE: Prizewinners (if a minor, the Parent or Legal Guardian) grant the Sponsor and their agents a non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free license to record, copy, publish, use, edit, exhibit, distribute, perform, merchandise, license, sublicense, adapt and/or modify all materials submitted in connection with the entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without any compensation to the entrant. Prizewinners assign all intellectual property rights, including copyright, and waive all moral rights, in and to the entry, in favor of the Sponsor.
8. DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, Administrator, Judges, Pinterest and the Promotion Entities are not responsible for, and entrant hereby releases Sponsor, Administrator, Judges, Facebook, Inc., and the Promotion Entities from any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest and (vi) use of any prize.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of the state of Missouri; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Missouri, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of Missouri or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of Missouri.
11. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Build-A-Bear #BearHoliday Pinterest Contest and Sweepstakes PO Box 2242, Framingham, MA 01703-2242. All such requests must be received by 12/18/12.
(c) Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This contest has ended. Thank you for participating! The winners will be contacted shortly.
Powered by Piqora